I’ve always been a big fan of DIY’s when it comes to Hair care. It is better to rely on an inexpensive natural remedy than to expose yourself to cosmetic products that are rich in chemicals. Here i’m going to share with you 2 amazing natural hair gels which are easy to make and very effective.
- Flax seed Hair Gel
- Okra Hair Gel
1. DIY Flax seed Gel for Hair Growth
Let us all admit, it takes forever to grow hair of a desired length. Hair development can be moderate and saddling. But you’ll be cheerful to realize that Flax seeds gel can help a lot to accelerate hair development. This natural gel boosts hair growth and is easy to make. Here is the recipe to get bouncy hair.
- 2 tbsps. of whole flax seeds
- 1 cup of water
- Aloe vera gel (optional)
- Essential oil (optional)
How to make :
- Step 1 – Pour a cup of water and 2 tbsps. of flax seeds into a pan. On a low to medium flame, bring it to boil. Stirring pretty much consistently, allow flax seeds to boil into the water until gel like consistency start to occur. Turn off heat when a white foamy gel like liquid forms.
- Step 2 – Let it cool down and strain the gel from the flax seeds. Add about 1 tsp. aloe vera gel and up to 4 drops of your favorite essential oil for yummy scent. Make topical use of this gel on your scalp to boost hair growth.
Flax seeds gel penetrates your roots and hair shaft providing your scalp and hair with the nourishment it needs to grow out healthy.
Flax seeds soothe the scalp and help balance pH levels and oil production. It also helps boost blood circulation.
Flax seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids which helps you avoid dry scalp and increase hair elasticity – which means less hair breakage.
Flax seeds are great source of vitamin E, essential for hair growth because of its strong antioxidant properties which prevent scalp and hair damage. It prevents premature graying of hair.
2. DIY Okra Gel for Frizzy Hair
Okra is a consumable vegetable and is used to make many tasty recipes. It is useful for skin and health, we will concentrate more on advantages of okra for our hair. Okra hair gel defines your curls and keeps them moisturized. Rich in vitamin A, C and K, it can make your hair healthy, lustrous and happy. Keep reading for an easy recipe to try out at home.
- 6 -7 pieces of Okra
- 1 cup of water
- Olive oil
- Essential oil ( optional)
How to make :
- Step 1 – Cut the okras in half. Add 1 cup of water in a pot and put the okra pieces in. Boil on a medium flame. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Step 2 – Let it cool off. Separate the gel using a strainer. Add 1 tsp . of Olive oil or coconut oil and few drops of your favorite essential oil. Store it in a mason jar for a day. Use this gel as a topical treatment to moisturize your scalp and to get frizz free bouncy hair.
- Okra gel moisturizes your scalp and hair strands. It leaves your hair feeling soft and frizz free.
- The antibacterial properties in okra helps the scalp to stay in balance, keeps it clean and healthy, thereby promoting hair growth.
- It is truly organic and gives great shine to your hair. Okra gel can be used to give volume and density to your hair.
- Try out these two amazing natural gel recipes at home and share your experience with us.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂