You grind for months to get into shape for the bikini body of your vacation dreams but – lo and behold! You have a new insecurity: dark, pigmented inner thighs.
Can a girl ever catch a break?
We feel you, sister. Which is why we’re here with some pocket-friendly solutions!Here are 7 great natural ways to help you brighten your inner thighs and feel like a goddess in your swimsuit.
What Causes The Skin On Your Inner Thighs To Darken?
Two of the biggest reasons for your inner thighs to appear darker than the rest of your body are the methods you use to remove hair from your thighs as well as the material of the jeans that you wear.
Brightening of the inner thighs is really easy if you follow the methods mentioned in this article. They will help to bring the skin tone of your inner thighs in level with the rest of your body. However, if the skin on your neck, armpits, elbows or knees is darker than the rest of your body, you must consult a dermatologist since this may be due to a skin disease.
1. Yogurt And Lemon Masque
You should never apply any concoction that contains lemon during the day since the citric acid present in lemon juice causes a reaction when exposed to sunlight, which may further darken your skin. You do not want this to happen! Therefore, make sure you use recipes that contain lemon when you plan on staying indoors or during the night.
Now, with regards to the lemon and yogurt masque, this is what you need to do.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ a cup of natural or Greek yogurt
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl.
- Wash your inner thighs and dry them.
- Apply the lemon-yogurt paste on your thighs and let the mixture rest for half an hour.
- Wash your inner thighs with warm water and gently dry them.
- Repeat this process on a nightly basis for at least one week.
The bleaching properties of lemon will help make the skin on your inner thighs lighter in tone. The yogurt will help moisturize your skin and keep it well hydrated.
2. Honey, Lemon, And Oil Paste
Honey helps to exfoliate your skin and remove any dead skin cells that accumulate on your skin and make it appear darker. The oil paste helps keep your skin soft and smooth.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (you can use any oil, but olive oil is the most effective)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (in the crystalline form)
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice, honey, and oil in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on your inner thighs.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
You should try and repeat this process every night before going to bed to make sure your skin is exfoliated and well moisturized.
3. Cottage Cheese And Lemon
A notable antidote to dry skin, cottage cheese is rich in selenium as well as other essential minerals that are well known to combat flaky, dry skin (2, 3).
When combined with the mild bleaching effect of lemon juice, this is one power-packed combo to eliminate and moisturize pigmented skin!
- 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese
- ½ a tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients and apply on the darkened areas.
- Let the mixture rest for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Repeating this process each night will help improve the skin tone of your inner thighs.
4. Yogurt, Lemon, And Cumin Paste
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ a cup of natural or Greek yogurt
- ½ a teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Mix all the ingredients and apply on your inner thighs in a circular motion.
- Let the cream rest on your thighs for 20-30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- To get the best results, repeat this method at least twice a week.
5. Lemon Slices
Cut two slices of a big lemon. Rub them along the surface of your inner thighs. Let the lemon slices rest on the darkest regions of your inner thighs for at least half an hour before washing off with warm water.
Repeating this process each night will help you get rid of dark spots on your inner thighs.
6. Rice Water
Finally, a recipe that does not contain lemons (for those of you that have a citrus allergy)! Rice water is a great ingredient to help improve your skin’s health and beauty (4, 5).
Simply cook some rice in a pot (without any salt or oil) and store the water in a container rather than throwing it away. Let this water cool before transferring it to a spray bottle. You can spray this water onto your inner thighs – there is no need to wash it off. Let the water dry off on its own before putting your pants back on.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is used to disinfect wounds. This means that you will most probably find it in your first-aid kit. Simply moisten a piece of cotton with hydrogen peroxide and rub it on your inner thighs. This method will help lighten the skin on your inner thighs by getting rid of any germs and bacteria on them.
There you have it, seven Mother Nature friendly recipes to help whiten and brighten that inner thigh skin. Now you’re all set for a summer of bikinis, beach, and bellinis!