Applying makeup is a painstaking, time-consuming process. Luckily, there are certain tricks that can help you cut down the time spent on your beauty routine to a minimum – and pull off the best look with the minimal amount of effort.
Here are 12 of the most essential makeup tips absolutely every girl should know.
- 1. How to grow thick eyebrows naturally:
- 2. Myth busting: cutting eyelashes doesn’t work.
- 3. Try applying your mascara vertically.
- 4. Use facial sponges for scrubbing your face.
- 5. Whiten your teeth with tooth powder.
- 6. Use your lipstick as rouge.
- 7. Revive your mascara with hot water.
- 8. Brush your lips after brushing your teeth.
- 9. How to draw the perfect cat’s eyes:
- 10. Use mascara if you don’t have eyeliner.
- 11. Give your lashes greater volume with a touch of powder.
- 12. Apply liquid eyeliner over the pencil version.
1. How to grow thick eyebrows naturally:
Coconut oil will help you to grow thick eyebrows. It contains vitamin E and iron and can also make your eyebrows darker. For the best results, mix 1 part coconut oil with 1 part castor oil. Gently massage your eyebrow with your fingers. Leave for 20-30 minutes, and wash with warm water. Repeat this procedure daily for 2-3 weeks, and you will see a result.
2. Myth busting: cutting eyelashes doesn’t work.
An additional “trick” that has gained some popularity on the web: cutting your eyelashes supposedly makes them thicker and gives them more volume. However, this is totally wrong. In fact, the lashes take about 1-2 months to grow back and restore after being cut, all the while the cut stubs being rough and not curvy as the rest. So beware, and don’t do that at home.
3. Try applying your mascara vertically.
Applying mascara to both the upper and lower eyelids is an oft-neglected practice, but here’s an interesting tip: hold the brush vertically. This is a very simple, but probably one of the best tricks you can use. Touch your lashes with the tip of the brush for a more natural finish.
4. Use facial sponges for scrubbing your face.
When cleansing your face with any kind of makeup remover, use special cosmetic sponges. Konjac sponges or algae sponges are the best choice here, as they easily exfoliate the skin and clean the pores.
5. Whiten your teeth with tooth powder.
Use tooth-powder for your teeth several times a week. It’s a cheap, but effective product thanks to the calcium carbonate it contains. But remember to be careful, and make sure you consult your dentist before using it, as tooth-powder can damage the enamel of your teeth if used incorrectly.
6. Use your lipstick as rouge.
You can use your lipstick as a great substitute for rouge. Apply a little bit to the apples of your cheeks, spread and blend it into the skin with your fingertips.
7. Revive your mascara with hot water.
Add several drops of boiled water in to your mascara, close it, and shake it.
8. Brush your lips after brushing your teeth.
Gently rub your lips with a dry toothbrush. It will help to scrub the dead skin off and make your lips smoother. It will also boost blood flow to your lips, causing them to swell. As a result, they will become softer, fuller and more sensual.
9. How to draw the perfect cat’s eyes:
10. Use mascara if you don’t have eyeliner.
Thanks to the similar ingredients and consistency, mascara can be used as eyeliner. You just need a thin makeup brush.
11. Give your lashes greater volume with a touch of powder.
This simple trick will boost the volume of any mascara. Use a brush to put some powder on your lashes, and only then apply the mascara. This will make your eyelashes look much fuller.
12. Apply liquid eyeliner over the pencil version.
If you have trouble drawing a straight line with liquid eyeliner, first use a pencil to make the outline. The liquid liner will sit just as well on the skin, and it also makes things a lot easier when it comes to correcting any mistakes you make.